WVS v12 - Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner
Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner(WVS) is an automated web application security testing tool that audits your web applications by checking for exploitable hacking vulnerabilities. Digital scans may be supplemented and cross-checked with the variety of manual tools to allow for a comprehensive web site and web application penetration testing.
This week the latest version was released, Acunetix Vulnerability Scanner 12.
Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner Features :
- The scan speed of up to 2X faster.
- New AcuSensor for Java web applications
- Pause and Resume scan functionality.
- Exclusion of specific paths in the site’s structure directly from the UI
- The inclusion of Password Policy features.
- AcuSensor Technology.
- Industry’s most advanced and in-depth SQL injection and Cross site scripting testing
- Valuable penetration testing tools, such as the HTTP Editor and the HTTP Fuzzer.
- Visual macro recorder makes testing web forms and password protected areas easy.
- Support for pages with CAPTCHA, single sign-on and Two Factor authentication mechanisms
- Extensive reporting facilities including PCI compliance reports
- Multi-threaded and lightning fast scanner — processes thousands of pages with ease.
- Intelligent crawler detects web server type, the application language, and smartphone-optimized sites.
- Acunetix crawls and analyzes different types of websites including HTML5, SOAP, and AJAX.
- Port scans a web server and runs security checks against network services running on the server.
How Does Acunetix Scanning Work?
Within the drop-down menu in the Acunetix dashboard, the user has the option of choosing from a variety of pre-set scans as well as the added value of building a custom scan.
The pre-set scans are as follows:
- Full Scan — Tests for all vulnerabilities.
- High-Risk Vulnerability Scan — Tests for specific vulnerabilities.
- Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability Scan — Tests for specific vulnerabilities.
- SQL Injection Vulnerability Scan — Tests for specific vulnerabilities.
- Weak Passwords Vulnerability Scan — Tests for weak authentication.
- Crawl Only Vulnerability Scan — Tests for specific vulnerabilities.
Scans can be scheduled to run at a later date or to be running on a regular interval.
As a scan runs, the user can go to the Scan Stats Panel to see the progress of the scan updated in real time.
This new release adds the ability to run security scans on applications built with Google Web Toolkit (GWT).
It can also automatically test JSON and XML data objects for vulnerabilities. Also, vulnerabilities are now also classified using CVE, CWE, and CVSS, and AcuSensor has been updating for .NET 4.5 web applications.
A BEGINNERS GUIDE TO CYBERSECURITY TRAINING, CERTIFICATION AND JOBS
Some More Interesting Pieces of Stuff For You
If that’s the case, feel free to visit these helpful links